DDW Home > Backflow Technicians
For Backflow Technicians
Backflow Technician Program
- R309-305 governs Utah's Backflow Technician Program.
- R309-105 deals with Cross Connection Control.
- Cross Connection Basic Information (pdf)
- Cross Connection Commission Roster (pdf)
Commercially Available Backflow Technicians
The Division of Drinking Water does not endorse any specific individual or company. It is recommended that you contact and receive quotes from several testers to ensure a fair price for the testing and additional work to be done. If you wish to contact these individuals to hire for testing, it is recommended that you have available the installed assembly type, size, make and full model number. For additional information contact Mike Moss
Certification Classes Available
- Class I and II Backflow Technician Certification / Recertification Courses (updated 1/9/2013)
- Apply for and Pay Certification fees online
- Utah Water and Wastewater Training Calendar
Cross Connection Control Policy
- Cross Connection Control Policy (pdf) (June 2010)
- Appendix B — Approved Backflow Prevention Assemblies/Devices (updated 2/2/11)
- Appendix E — Assembly Test Report Form
The above link is an updated list (1/17/2008) of Assemblies and Devices. You can use the "Search" feature (Binocular icon) of Adobe Acrobat Reader for specific information. Every attempt has been made to ensure accuracy. If there are errors or omissions in this listing, please contact Michael Moss (801) 536-0089. Documentation of the listing will need to be supplied in accordance with the written provisions of the Guidance Document.
Related External Links
- Utah Chapter of the American Backflow Prevention Association
- American Backflow Prevention Association
- Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research Home Page (USC)
- Links to Other Cross-Connection Control/Backflow Prevention Web Sites (via USC's web site)
Note that Utah has adopted the International Plumbing Code (IPC) as the state's plumbing code. The IPC contains language on cross connection control. The IPC is not available on-line. See International Code Council (ICC) for information on how to obtain the IPC. In adopting the code, State Amendments to the IPC were specified.
Michael Moss at (801) 536-0089